Tigerair Philippines rebrands as ‘Cebgo’
June 01, 2015
As a part of its acquisition by Cebu Pacific, Tigerair Philippines has officially been re-branded as ‘Cebgo’. Tigerair Philippines was wholly acquired in March 2014, with Cebu Pacific successfully acquiring the 60% share previously held by SEAir Inc. and the remaining 40% shareholding from Tiger Airways Holdings. The airline will shortly commence the process of updating its brand and livery to Cebgo, which will included new uniforms for staff, updated motifs and a new aircraft livery. While the aircraft will continue to operate under the Tigerair branding and livery in the short-term, it is expected that the airline will eventually be amalgamated into the Cebu Pacific operation.

U.S. Government sanctions two operators for supplying equipment to Mahan Air
June 01, 2015
The U.S. government has officially placed sanctions on two Middle Eastern operators for supplying Iranian airline, Mahan Air, with aircraft equipment and parts. Iraqi operator Al Naser Airlines and Dubai-based lessor Sky Blue Bird Aviation have both had Temporary Denial Orders placed on them by the U.S. Department of Commerce. This move prohibits these operators, and their clients, from participating in exports and re-exports from the United States. This ban stems from the restrictions that were placed on Mahan Air by the U.S. after it had been allegedly identified as assisting in the transportation of illicit cargo to Syria during the 2012/2013 civil conflict.

Air Lituanica suspends operations
June 01, 2015
On the 22nd of May 2015, Lithuanian-based airline, Air Lituanica, officially suspended operations. The small European regional airline had commenced operations in June 2013 with a single Embraer E-170 aircraft and had gradually worked to acquire a fleet of four Embraer E-jets. The airline did not specifically state the reason for its suspension of operations. The airline was formerly the only domicile airline to operate regular scheduled passenger operations out of Lithuania, consequently leaving the country without a flag carrier.


SGS Aviation Compliance
ARC Administrator
SGS South Africa (Pty) Ltd
54 Maxwell Drive
Woodmead North Office Park
South Africa

Office:   +27 11 100 9100
Direct:   +27 11 100 9108
Email Us

Find SGS offices and labs around the world.
The ARC is a mobile friendly website.